[magnum] Antelope PTG summary
jake.yip at ardc.edu.au
Mon Oct 24 23:12:21 UTC 2022
Magnum had a great meeting during the latest PTG. Thanks to OpenInfra
Foundation for holding it. Also, thanks to all who has found precious
time to attend.
As the current Magnum team is quite small, we have decided on the following:
- Deprecate the Fedora Atomic driver - This is EOL.
- Deprecate the CoreOS driver - This is similarly EOL.
- Deprecate the Docker Swarm driver. Kubernetes has became the container
orchestration engine of choice now. With our limited resources, it will
be more efficient to support the most popular choice well, instead of
- Mark branches before Victoria as unmaintained. These branches only
support Kubernetes versions that has been EOL.
- Most excitingly, move towards adding Cluster API support for
Kubernetes. This allows the Magnum project to leverage off upstream
effort in creating and managing a Kubernetes cluster.
We understand that removing support is difficult for users, but we
believe this is for the better. Our main aim is to keep the project
moving fast enough to keep up with upstream Kubernetes. If anyone is
willing to help maintain any of the items we plan on deprecating, please
drop me a message.
DevOps Engineer, ARDC Nectar Research Cloud
More information about the openstack-discuss