[kolla][requirements][packaging-sig] Follow up on https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010377

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 22 14:53:22 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-22 18:50:53 +0530 (+0530), rajiv mucheli wrote:
[...]
> could you share the exact link or command to download openstack
> zed ?
[...]

OpenStack isn't quite a singular thing, it's a modular suite of
components developed collaboratively by a community of contributors,
released in coordination with each other twice yearly. There are a
variety of ways to get and install OpenStack services. For example,
the community produces multiple deployment and lifecycle management
solutions which are listed here:

https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/deployment-tools

Alternatively, there are pre-built distributions (both free and
commercial), many of which are collected in our Marketplace:

https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/distros/

All of those options provide OpenStack in one way or another, but
some of them are better for some situations, others for other use
cases. It will really depend on what you're looking to do as far as
which one is right for you or your organization.

You might also take a look at the upstream OpenStack Zed
Installation Guides:

https://docs.openstack.org/zed/install/

And if you're looking to quickly install a non-production deployment
of services from source in order to develop and test patches to the
software, DevStack is the primary wrapper we use for that:

https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/

Though if that's your goal, it's probably better to start from the
OpenStack Contributor Guide since there's a lot of related topics
you'll need some familiarity with first:

https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/

--
Jeremy Stanley