[kolla] single Network interface

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Oct 20 08:23:53 UTC 2022

Hi,

we don't use kolla but our cloud runs with only one interface
(actually two, it's a bond) on control and compute nodes. We use two
different VLANs for openvswitch and the "management" network on that
bond, and it works perfectly fine. I just wouldn't know how to handle
that in kolla.

> See for example the (sadly, defunct) SUSE OpenStack cloud
> https://documentation.suse.com/soc/9/html/suse-openstack-cloud-crowbar-all/cha-deploy-poc.html#sec-depl-poc-vlans.

Yeah, that made us sad, too.