[kolla] single Network interface

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Oct 19 23:50:58 UTC 2022

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022, at 4:44 PM, Michal Arbet wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> But I think there is a problem with vlan - you need to setup it in OVS,
> don't you ?

There was also a bridge and a veth pair involved: https://opendev.org/opendev/puppet-infracloud/src/commit/121afc07bdd277d8ba3ba70f1433d5e6a4a4b14e/manifests/veth.pp

Possibly to deal with this? Like I said its been a long time and I don't remember the details. I just know it was possible to solve at least at the time. Linux gives you a whole suite of virtual network components that you can throw together to workaround physical limitations like this.