[kolla] single Network interface

Michal Arbet michal.arbet at ultimum.io
Wed Oct 19 16:40:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

If I am correct this is not possible currently, but I remember I was
working on a solution, but unfortunately I stopped at some point because
kolla upstream didn't want to maintain.

In attachment you can find patches for kolla and kolla-ansible and our idea.

We added python script to kolla container and provide netplan style
configuration by kolla-ansible ..so openvswitch starts and configured
networking as it was set in configuration (if i remember ...it is quite
long time....and of course it was not final version ...but if i remember it
somehow worked).

So, you can check it and maybe we can discuss this feature again :)

Thanks,
Kevko

Michal Arbet
Openstack Engineer