DC DR Setup Queries

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Oct 19 09:44:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

your questions are quite complex, I don't know if anyone can give you
defintive answers since there are so many requirements involved and
careful planning is key. Maybe you could start with [1] to get an
overview how something like that can be done.
One scenario is basically to have two ceph clusters and replicate the
RBDs from primary A to secondary site B. In case site A goes down you
can promote the rbd images in B to be primary and your openstack
should continue to work. The video also covers multiple openstack
clusters which have the same data (and also an rbd mirror between the
two ceph clusters), check it out, maybe a couple of your questions are
covered.

Regards,
Eugen

[1]