Openstack cluster cannot create instances when 1 of 3 rabbitmq cluster node down

Nguyễn Hữu Khôi nguyenhuukhoinw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:19:36 UTC 2022

Description
===========
I set up 3 controllers and 3 compute nodes. My system cannot work well when
1 rabbit node in cluster rabbitmq is down, cannot launch instances. It
stucked at scheduling.

Steps to reproduce
===========
Openstack nodes point rabbit://node1:5672,node2:5672,node3:5672//
* Reboot 1 of 3 rabbitmq node.
* Create instances then it stucked at scheduling.

Workaround
Point to rabbitmq VIP address. But We cannot share the load with this
solution. Please give me some suggestions. Thank you very much.
I did google and enabled system log's debug but I still cannot understand
why.

Nguyen Huu Khoi