[ptg][nova][placement] Nova/Placement at the PTG, howto

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 12:53:02 UTC 2022

Hey stackers,
Got some questions about how/when joining the Nova community at the PTG
during this week, so I'll provide you a howto ;)

*What is the main document for the Nova PTG ?*
This : https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-antelope-ptg
Please, please, don't try to translate this etherpad directly as you'll see.

*I'm an operator and I want to tell you how terrible you folks are*
There : https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/oct2022-ptg-operator-hour-nova
Again, don't try to translate this document or you'll create problems for
people who don't know your language.

*When do you folks discuss ?*

Monday :
14:00-15:00 UTC Ironic/Nova cross-project session
Tuesday :
13:00 - 15:00 UTC Operator hours. If you are an operator, please join us !
:-)
15:00 - 17:00 UTC Nova sessions for contributors
15:10 UTC (possibly) : Nova team photo
Wednesday :
13:00 - 16:00 UTC Nova sessions for contributors
16:00 - 17:00 Operator hour. If you are an operator, please join us ! :-)
Thursday :
13:00 - 15:00 UTC Neutron/Nova cross-project session
15:00 - 17:00 UTC Nova sessions for contributors
Friday :
13:00 - 17:00 UTC Nova sessions for contributors

*How to join ?*
Simple. You can look at https://ptg.opendev.org/ptg.html if you want so
you'll see what topic we are currently discussing.
If you want to arrive, just click either on "operator-hour" nova tag or
"nova-placement" tag and it will automatically open the Google Meet client
for joining the Nova meeting.
If you also want, you can directly join us by using this link
https://www.openstack.org/ptg/rooms/bexar (we'll use the same virtual room
for all our sessions)

*What if you can't join the whole days ?*
No worries ! Just make sure you use an IRC client and just go to the
#openstack-nova channel.
Once you're there, add your IRC in the etherpad for every topic you'd like
to be around and then I'll ping you when we start discussing for those
topics you added your nick.

*What if I want to add some topic I'd like to discuss ?*
Easy peasy. Two possibilities :
  -  you are a contributor and you want to add a new feature in nova. Just
add your topic in the main etherpad (link above). Make sure your name is
marked in the topic title (like every other topic) and I'll ping you when
we start discussing your topic.
 - you are an operator and you want to discuss wishlists or bugs or
whatever else. Good news, we have specific timeslots for you ! See the
agenda above, we have *operator hours* that are intended for operators to
join and engage on specific deployment and operational topics. Just then
look at https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/oct2022-ptg-operator-hour-nova and
add your points, we'll discuss them during the operator hours (given above).

Hope you'll find your way and you'll appreciate the PTG as much productive
as we do.
In any case, my IRC nick is bauzas. Don't hesitate to bug me over IRC
(#openstack-dev, #openstack-nova or #openinfra-events) or reach me by email
(sbauza at redhat.com), I'll try to answer you as much as I can.

HTH and thanks,
-Sylvain