Installing out-of-tree ML2 neutron plugins with kolla-ansible

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:26:53 UTC 2022

Hi Aditya,

First of all, please remember to always CC the mailing list so that
other users can benefit from the answers.

Regarding the question at hand - the same documentation (starting from
the beginning of the page) describes the kolla-build tool, including
the usual way to install it. Remember to install the version for your
OpenStack release - the right source of versions is [1].
The kolla-build tool is the tool to build the images. I assume so far
you have used the prebuilt ones. This time you will have to build your
own because you want to add software inside of them.
You might also be interested in deploying your own local registry. The
simplest way to do so is via [2] but understand it is not
production-ready unless in a strictly isolated network (for other use
cases I generally recommend Harbor [3]).

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/kolla/
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/yoga/user/multinode.html#deploy-a-registry
[3] https://goharbor.io/

Kind regards,