Installing out-of-tree ML2 neutron plugins with kolla-ansible

Aditya Sathish saditya at vt.edu
Sun Oct 16 01:13:05 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am trying to use an out-of-tree ML2 neutron plugin with OpenStack with
Kolla-Ansible but I am having a hard time figuring out how to go about it.

For example, this is my repository for the plugin:
https://github.com/adityasathis/networking-onos.

I have made changes to the deployment YML files to allow configuration for
this new neutron plugin from the global.yml file. However, I am not able to
figure out how to copy over my plugin files and install them on the
controller node.

I came across the commit:
https://opendev.org/openstack/kolla-ansible/commit/418cb52767270d85e28a6f3027c561f47b805d9d
which,
I think, does what I'm looking to do and so I kept the networking-onos
directory (with the setup.py in it) in the
/etc/kolla/config/neutron/plugins directory. The deploy script is able to
detect the file in the "Checking for ML2 plugins" step however, I'm not
able to copy it anywhere in the "Copying ML2 plugin" step. Am I missing
something?

Regards,
Aditya.