[all][tc][goals] : "Consistent and Secure Default RBAC" goal: Zed Timeline updates

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Oct 15 22:12:15 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

As you know, "Consistent and Secure Default RBAC" is one of the currently selected
community-wide goals and we have divided it into multiple milestones (cycle)[1].

OpenStack Zed is released, I am going to summarize the progress of Zed timeline targets.
Please note that progress is as per the new direction/targets decided in the Zed cycle which
is to implement the project personas and drop the system scope.

Gerrit Topic: https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522secure-rbac%2522+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
Tracking: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/rbac-goal-tracking

Completed:
=========
* Nova
* Neutron
* Glance
* Manila
* Ironic (no change needed for the direction change in Zed cycle)
* Manager Support
** Completed
*** Ironic

2023.1 Release Timeline[2]
1. All services must implement Phase 1 (Implement project personas)
2. Services start implementing Phase 2 (Move service-to-service APIs to service role)
3. Services start implementing Phase 3 (Implement 'Manager' role where applicable)

The 1st one is important and all services must implement the project personas (drop system scope if already implemented).
Please plan this work for next week PTG and join TC discussion on this goal on THURSDAY: 17-19 UTC for any query
from the project side.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/consistent-and-secure-rbac.html#completion-date-criteria
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/consistent-and-secure-rbac.html#release-timeline

-gmann