[swift] upgrade newton to train in containers

Marcel openstack at mknet.nl
Thu Oct 13 06:57:15 UTC 2022

I'm planning an upgrade for our newton based swift cluster (OOO vm
based) to a (kolla image based containers) train cluster
So far I have tested the upgrade for the proxies, account_servers and
container servers and it looks promising. I have in a test environment:

- switched to the new proxies with the old ring files and it looks like
everything works normally
- Added the new (train) account and container servers to the rings and
it looks like all is fine
- Removed the old account and container servers, still fine
- tested fall back, also fine

My question actually is: Did the account and container database format
change between newton and train in such a way that I might run into
troubles trying the upgrade as tested above in ways that I did not yet
foresee?

Thanks

Marcel