[dev][infra][tact-sig] Default Zuul nodeset changing to ubuntu-jammy

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Oct 12 21:28:53 UTC 2022

 ---- On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:23:18 -0700  Jeremy Stanley  wrote ---
 > Just wanted to call everyone's attention to an OpenDev Collaboratory
 > announcement[*] this week. The tl;dr is that the default job nodeset
 > will be changing from ubuntu-focal to ubuntu-jammy on 2022-10-25.
 >
 > This should be fairly low-impact for OpenStack projects, since we're
 > now into the very early part of the 2023.1/Antelope release cycle
 > and development branch unit test job templates have already been
 > updated to run things on the newer Python version it supplies. Just
 > be aware that any jobs which don't already specify a particular
 > nodeset (or inherit one from a parent) will be following the default
 > when it changes. An easy temporary workaround is to set affected
 > jobs back to ubuntu-focal while you test solutions allowing removal
 > of the override.

Right, I think it will not impact OpenStack jobs as we have pinned the nodeset
to focal for old existing jobs like py39 or pep8 or tox base job (py310 job already
running on Jammy)
- Example: https://github.com/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/blob/7e7045ab92b0b9db28f24fe9a38f914f74174938/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L262

As part of the community-wide goal for 2023.1 cycle, we are going to start the testing
soon and based on testing all the projects/repo first and then we can move the base
OpenStack tox, devstack base, tempest base, and projects jobs to Jammy.

-gmann