[neutron][tempest][all] Broken CI, any job inherited from "devstack"

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Oct 6 16:33:25 UTC 2022

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022, at 9:24 AM, Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez wrote:
> I don't see in the documentation (probably I didn't check all of it)
> that an OpenStack version upgrade doesn't imply other
> library/modules/services upgrade. In this case, you will need to bump
> the OVN/OVS version, keeping the same OVS/NB/SB information (probably
> not the same database structures).

I don't know about documentation (but that may have come along with the new SLURP stuff), but Grenade enforces this sort of thing in CI. When we run Grenade against a branch we install the old version of OpenStack on the platform that the old version of OpenStack was tested on and then upgrade to the new current version of OpenStack. This upgrade is done on a host without upgrading the host itself.