Query about networking-onos for newer OpenStack releases

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 08:07:38 UTC 2022

Hello Aditya:

If you don't have any specific requirement, I would choose one of the
Neutron in-tree ML2 plugins: ML2/OVS or ML2/OVN (and ML2/SR-IOV, that can
run with the other two).

About which one you can choose, I won't point you to any of them. I would
prefer you to review the different architectures:
* OVS:
https://docs.openstack.org/liberty/networking-guide/scenario-classic-ovs.html
(this is an old but still valid document to see the different ML2/OVS
deployments)
* OVN:
https://www.openstack.org/videos/summits/austin-2016/practical-ovn-architecture-deployment-and-scale-of-openstack-networking

Regards.