[kolla-ansible] How to recover from unfinished upgrade

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Oct 5 09:57:51 UTC 2022

Hi,

the only thing I can provide is this page:

https://docs.openstack.org/operations-guide/ops-upgrades.html#rolling-back-a-failed-upgrade

But I'm not sure if they apply to kolla-ansible which I'm not familiar with.

>> I interrupted the deployment Ctrl+C I corrected the mistake, then I
>> restarted the upgrade and it got stuck somewhere else, but I couldn't find
>> where, I interrupted then restarted the deployment again and it got stuck
>> at the same place.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to let the upgrade fail, maybe changes
are rolled back automatically? Where does it fail? Apparently you can
reproduce it, so I'd say paste the output of the failure.

Regards,
Eugen