[release][ironic] Release desired for Ironic bugfix/N branches

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Tue Oct 4 17:22:35 UTC 2022

> That makes sense, but it's worth noting what you have now is not
> entirely dissimilar to how "extended maintenance" works for our
> official stable branches as well (continuing to merge some
> backported fixes, but not tagging any further point releases).

Yeah, I understand.

This is all working towards a revision of Ironic release policy to ensure
it's documented when/how these releases are supported. Right now we create
bugfix releases as months 2 and 4 into the cycle, with no indication of
support length. In fact; there are leftover bugfix/[] branches that are not
maintained and have not yet been retired. Posts like this (and my efforts
to get releases done) is part of my fact-finding for trying to ensure how
Ironic manages releases is well documented and understood.

-Jay Faulkner