[release][ironic] Release desired for Ironic bugfix/N branches

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Mon Oct 3 20:06:06 UTC 2022

Hey all,

I was attempting to perform a release of all maintained Ironic branches.
The long term support branches cut as part of the integrated OpenStack
release have been requested via gerrit, as documented (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/860125 ).

We have intermediate bugfix releases as well, and I was hoping to get patch
releases cut from these as well. As far as I can tell, there is no
automation for performing these releases, or an official place to request
them. If this is wrong; please correct me and I'm happy to go through the
proper process.

We know that the majority of consumers pull these from git directly; but
checking pypi release notes, we had over 6000 downloads of the 21.0.0 and
20.2.0 releases during the 2/4 months of the Zed cycle they had
respectively been released, so I do think there's value in releasing these
even if it might be a small amount of manual effort.

Below is a list of the Ironic projects, and associated bugfix/ branches I'd
like to have a patch (bugfix) release cut for:

ironic
- bugfix/21.0
- bugfix/20.2
- bugfix/19.0