Unable to access Internet from an instance and accessing instance using floating-point IPs from external network

vincent lee vincentlee676 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:23:33 UTC 2022

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I noticed that the gateway I gave was
not pingable and I will try it tomorrow and let you all know if it works
out. Before I posted this discussion, I did a fresh installation of
openstack. I have only modified the external network in init-runonce
script. Will that cause a problem? I have attached an image of the
modification I made before running the script as shown below. Other than
that I have not made any changes to the configuration. Besides, I have not
make any changes to the security-group rules regardless of the internet
access.
[image: image.png]

Best regards,
Vincent