[neutron][releases] Proposing to EOL Train networking-ovn

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 10:33:19 UTC 2022

Hello:

The transition of this branch to EM was done 1,5 years ago [1]. During this
time the maintenance of Train networking-ovn has continued. However, due to
the lack of time and personal resources, we can't properly maintain it.
That leads to problems like [1].

The ML2/OVN driver was successfully merged in the Neutron repository in
Ussury. We continue the development and improvement of this ML2 mechanism
driver.

A patch to mark this branch as EOL will be pushed in two weeks. If you have
any inconvenience, please let me know in this mail chain or in IRC
(ralonsoh, #openstack-neutron channel). You can also contact any Neutron
core reviewer in the IRC channel.

Regards.

[1]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/790760
[2]https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1997262