Unable to access Internet from an instance and accessing instance using floating-point IPs from external network

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Nov 30 08:27:12 UTC 2022

So you did modify the default security-group, ports 8000 and 8080 are
not open by default. Anyway, can you please clarify what doesn't work
exactly?
Does the instance have an IP in the public network but the router is
not pingeable (but that is not necessarily an issue) and you can't
access it via which protocols? Does SSH work? Is the access blocked by
a http_proxy?