[nova][placement][tempest] Hold your rechecks

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 13:28:01 UTC 2022

Sorry folks, that's kind of an email I hate writing but let's be honest :
our gate is busted.
Until we figure out a correct path for resolution, I hereby ask you to
*NOT* recheck in order to not spill our precious CI resources for tests
that are certain to fail.

Long story story, there are currently two problems :
#1 https://launchpad.net/bugs/1940425 nova-ovs-hybrid-plug and nova-next
jobs 100% fail due to a port remaining in down state.
#2 https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1960346 nova-lvm job 100% fails due
to a volume detach failure probably due to QEMU

#1 is currently investigated by the Neutron team meanwhile a patch [1] has
been proposed against Zuul to skip the failing tests.
Unfortunately, this patch [1] is unable to merge due to #2.

#2 has a Tempest patch that's being worked on [2] but the current state of
this patch is WIP.
We somehow need to have an agreement on the way forward during this
afternoon (UTC) to identify whether we can reasonably progress on [2] or
skip the failing tests on nova-lvm.

Again, sorry about the bad news and I'll keep you informed.
-Sylvain

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/865658/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tempest/+/842240