[all][openstack-dev][ptls] Migrating devstack jobs to Jammy (Ubuntu LTS 22.04)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Nov 21 19:16:40 UTC 2022

 ---- On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 09:04:14 -0800  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
 >  ---- On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 12:52:03 -0700  Dmitriy Rabotyagov  wrote ---
 >  > Hi everyone,
 >  >
 >  > According to a 2023.1 community-wide goal [1], base-jobs including but
 > [....]
 > . On R-18, which is the first 2023.1 milestone that will happen on
 >  > the 18th of November 2022, base-jobs patches mentioned in step 1 will
 >  > be merged. Please ensure you have verified compatibility for your
 >  > projects and landed the required changes if any were needed before
 >  > this date otherwise, they might fail.
 >
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > The deadline for switching the CI/CD to Ubuntu Jammy (22.04) is approaching which
 > is after 3 days (Nov 18).  We will merge the OpenStack tox base, devstack, and tempest
 > base jobs patches migrating them to Jammy on Nov 18(these will migrate most of the
 > jobs to run on Jammy).
 >
 > Currently, there are two known failures, feel free to add more failures if you know and
 > have not yet been fixed in the below etherpad
 >
 > https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/migrate-to-jammy
 >
 > 1. swift: https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1996627
 > 2. devstack-plugin-ceph: https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack-plugin-ceph/+bug/1996628
 >
 > If projects need more time to fix the bugs then they can pin the nodeset to the focal for
 > time being and fix them asap.

All the base patches (tox base job, devstack, tempest) are merged now and you might have
observed most of the jobs are running on Jammy (unless you are overriding the nodeset).

As the next step, let's fix and remove the nodeset pin (or move the nodeset overriding to Jammy)
for the failing jobs.

-gmann