[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Nov 18: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Nov 19 00:22:59 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* * We had this week's meeting on Nov 16. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-11-16-16.00.log.html

* Next week (Nov 23) TC weekly meeting is canceled[1].

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Defined process for the TC chair nomination & election[2]

* Updated the 2023.1 cycle testing runtime[3]

* Documented the upgrade patch testing in PTI[4]

* Added zookeeper role under OpenStack-Ansible governance[5]

* TC stopped using Storybooard. We were not using it for many cycles but TC officially decided [6]
to clear all story and close the governance repo in Storyboard[7]. We will not use any other task
tracking tool, etherpad or tracking things in meetings are working fine.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for 2023.1 cycle
---------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in 2023.1 tracker etherpad[8].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[9].

OpenInfra Board + OpenStack Syncup Call

We continued the syncup call with Board members on Nov 16[10]. We discussed two topic in
this call 1. "Less Diversity" and 2. i18 SIG. Most of the discussion was around first topic.
There were multiple ideads were shared and discussed including:
- Spreading and encouraging the contribution to wider audiance including large deployement,
users, company manager.
- Making contribution process more easy for part time contributorts. operators etc by helping
them in testing requirement, process, half-baked patches to merge.
- Reachout out to platinum members company and company executives to know the reason
for not contributing in community and explain/encourage them to contribution.

There was no concrete action or step to improve the Diversity but we all togehther need to
put effort in all direction to improve it slowly.

i18 SIG proposal by Brian about Weblate funding which is ~1500 Euro/year and this sounds
reasonable to do from foundation but Brian need to write the foaml proposal to foundation
before Board meeting on Dec 6th so that it can be discussed there is needed. Thanks Brian
for working and following up on this.

The next syncup call will be on Feb 2022-02-08 at 20:00 UTC. If anyone is interested, feel free
to join it.

Renovate translation SIG i18
----------------------------------
* We discussed it in Board syncup call and Brian will take it forward to put the Weblate funding
formal proposal to foundation.

TC Video meeting discussion
----------------------------------
Based on the feedback JayF has abandoned the resolution patch[11]. Thanks JayF for proposal
and discussion.

Project updates
-------------------
* Add Skyline repository for OpenStack-Ansible[12]
* Add the cinder-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[13]
* Add the infinidat-tools subordinate charm to OpenStack charms[14]
* Add the manila-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[15]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [17]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

See you all next week in PTG!

[1] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-November/031240.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tc-chair-elections.html
[3] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-November/031229.html