[mistral][keystone] Updating credentials and trusts

Arnaud Morin arnaud.morin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:54:31 UTC 2022

Hey team,

Mistral is using keystone "trusts" in order to perform action on behalf
of another customer.

If I understand correctly the trust mechanism in keystone, it's related
to a specific user_id.

Imagine I want to update the user (and password) of the mistral service
(mistral-api), then the user ID may change, so the trust will be
broken.

Is there any way to update the user of mistral-api without breaking the
trusts?

One answer is to not change the user, but only the password.
But doing so will break my service for a moment (while I update the
passwords in both services - keystone and mistral).

Is there any other option?

Regards,
Arnaud - OVHcloud.