EMC SAN with Openstack ansible

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:44:49 UTC 2022

Hey,

Yes, so OpenStack-Ansible configuration is not much different from
manual one. Any custom parameters can be added to appropriate config
files using overrides. For example, to adjust cinder.conf with the
custom config, you need to define in your user_variables.yml (or
group_vars/cinder_volume.yml) smth like that:

cinder_cinder_conf_overrides:
  DEFAULT:
     use_multipath_for_image_xfer: True
     enforce_multipath_for_image_xfer: True

When you need to define a backend for cinder, you can do this either
with overrides as well, or just leveraging cinder_backends variable,
ie:

cinder_backends:
  dellfc:
    volume_backend_name: dellfc
    volume_driver: cinder.volume.drivers.dell_emc.sc.storagecenter_fc.SCFCDriver

You can also check for some examples here [1]. Despite it's configured
not in user_vars but in openstack_user_config, idea and result of both
these options are the same.

For nova you have a variable named nova_nova_conf_overrides that can
be leveraged to adjust nova.conf:

nova_nova_conf_overrides:
  libvirt:
    iscsi_use_multipath: True

The main thing with overrides, is that they should be proper YAML
formatted. YAML will be converted into ini format when placing a
config in place using config_template module.

Hope this helps.

[1]: https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible/src/branch/master/etc/openstack_deploy/openstack_user_config.yml.example#L626