[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Nov 11: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Nov 11 22:08:39 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* * We had this week's meeting on Nov 09. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-11-09-16.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Nov 16 Wed at 16:00 UTC, please make note of the new day/time
for TC meetings. Feel free to add the topic to the agenda[1] by Nov 15.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* None for this week.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for 2023.1 cycle
---------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in 2023.1 tracker etherpad[2].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Ten open reviews for ongoing activities[3].

2023.1 cycle testing runtime changes (additional testing)
We discussed it in PTG and mainly for smooth upgrade what best we can do/test in testing
runtime when we bump the distro version. You might have read my PTG summary email
about the agreement on this. Accordingly, I have updated the patch[4] which includes the
change in the 2023.1 cycle testing runtime:
1. Keep supporting Ubuntu 20.04: at least one integrated job running at the project gate.
2. Minimum python version will be py3.8 (default in Ubuntu 20.04)
This is early heads-up on this and you can review it if any feedback otherwise once it is merged,
I will send these updates in a separate email also.

TC to stop using storyboard?
----------------------------------
TC has a governance project in the storyboard and it was confusing for many of us. It was used
to track the tasks mainly the community-wide goals. But we have not used it for a couple of years
and etherpad for TC tracker works very well since Xena cycle[5].  Most TC members are ok to
remove the TC storyboard project (after cleaning all story/tasks which I already started) but as we
did not have all the TC members in this week's meeting, we will do a formal vote on this in the next
TC meeting.

Renovate translation SIG i18
----------------------------------
* rosmaita is coordinating with Weblate and updated that hosting OpenStack translation
on Weblate is not free (they can give a 50% discount though). This is a difficult situation now
and rosmaita will continue his research and user survey if we can get help from users using the
translation.

TC Weekly meeting new day and time
I am mentioning this again in case anyone missed it. The TC weekly meeting new time is every
Wed at 16:00 UTC.

TC Video meeting discussion
----------------------------------
JayF resolution patch to move TC all weekly meetings format to IRC is under review[6].

TC chair nomination & election process
I have updated the patch to have the dir structure in the chair nomination. The current two
options are up for the review[7][8].

Project updates
-------------------
* Add zookeeper role under OpenStack-Ansible governance[9]
* Add Skyline repository for OpenStack-Ansible[10]
* Add the cinder-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[11]
* Add the infinidat-tools subordinate charm to OpenStack charms[12]
* Add the manila-infinidat charm to Openstack charms[13]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[14].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [15]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

See you all next week in PTG!

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-zed-tracker
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open