(Open Stack Designate) Query regarding bind containers in Openstack

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:27:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

If you're talking about DNS servers that should be defined under pools.yaml
(via variable designate_pools_yaml) then yes - they should be installed
additionally. Eventually, Designate does support more backends then just
Bind9 [1] and they're usually deployed outside of the designate containers
or even OpenStack control nodes. So as OpenStack-Ansible we don't provide a
roles/playbooks to install this kind of infrastructure. But there're quite
a lot of good roles on galaxy.ansible.com that provide bind9/pdns4/etc
installation.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/designate/latest/admin/backends/index.html