OpenStack still promoting non-free platforms (was: [all][tc] Change OpenStack release naming policy proposal)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 24 12:00:45 UTC 2022

On 2022-05-24 11:01:40 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> haveing an openstack home server or using rooms on the matrix.org
> home server may be something we should look into.

The OpenDev Collaboratory already has an "opendev.org" Matrix
homeserver which we use to host channels (notably #zuul) and the
Matrix versions of some of our chatbots like GerritBot. I've never
tried Matrix's videoconferencing features, but would be interested
to know how well they work. That said, from what I can see it's also
WebRTC based, like Jitsi-Meet, so any users experiencing WebRTC
connectivity or support challenges will likely see the same
behaviors for either one.

    https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/howtos/matrix.html

--
Jeremy Stanley