Question about lp 1950186

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue May 24 09:36:47 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-05-24 at 12:28 +0900, Seyeong Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about lp
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1950186 if this can be fixed in
> near future or if there is any plan?
no this is not a bug
nova is not configure correctly.

we do not supprot mixing numa and non numa instance on the same host
and we do not support mempage aware memory tracking in placment at this time.
i have closed the bug as wont fix as this is really a feature reqeust and is not
intended to work at this time unless you use hw:mem_page_size=small and the numa toplogy filter
in combination with configuring the host reserved 4k pages as i noted in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1950186/comments/8