Octavia Amphora staying in PENDING_CREATE forever.

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:37:51 UTC 2022

Also an FYI, they will not stay in PENDING_* forever. They are only in
that state when a controller is working on the LB, like retrying to
connect. The worker process logs will show the retrying warning
messages that point to the issue. After your configured retry timeouts
expire, the controller will mark the LB in provisioning status of
ERROR when it gives up retrying. At that point you can delete it or
failover the load balancer to try again.
I don't know what the timeouts are configured for when deployed with
kolla, but you might adjust them for your organization's preference
(i.e retry a really long time or fail quickly).

Michael