OpenStack still promoting non-free platforms (was: [all][tc] Change OpenStack release naming policy proposal)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat May 21 04:07:15 UTC 2022

 ---- On Fri, 20 May 2022 20:56:27 -0500 Erik McCormick <emccormick at cirrusseven.com> wrote ----

 > On Fri, May 20, 2022, 7:03 PM Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
 > On 5/20/22 19:42, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > * Joining info Join with Google Meet = meet.google.com/gwi-cphb-rya
 >
 > What would it take to make everyone switch to free software? We're
 > moving from one non-free platform (zoom) to another (google meet), even
 > if we have Jitsi that works very well... :/
 >
 > Jitsi degrades beyond 16 or so interactive users. I love it and wish it well, but it's just not there yet. If the situation has changed in recent months, great then let's take a look.

Yeah, we try to use that as our first preference but it did not work as expected. In a recent usage in RBAC discussion a few weeks ago,
many attendees complained about audio, joining issues or so. That is why we are using non-free tooling.

@zigo, If you have tried any free and stable platforms for video calls, please suggest and we will love
to use that.

-gmann