[magnum] [xena] [IPv6]

Namrata Sitlani nsitlani03 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:19:53 UTC 2022

Hello All,

We run release Xena, and we have deployed Kubernetes version 1.21.10 on
Magnum with Fedora CoreOS version 34 and we are trying to have IPv6 support
for that Kubernetes cluster, as Kubernetes 1.21 and later versions have
dual-stack(IPv4/IPv6) support enabled by default.

To achieve the same, we used a network with both IPv4 and IPv6 subnets and
we got a successful creation of the cluster. The compute instances of the
cluster get both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses,  but the master and minion nodes
get IPv4 as external IP, and also the container does not get an IPv6
address.

Can someone please help us with the information, what changes are required
to be made at the magnum client-side to have an IPv6 supported Kubernetes
Cluster?

Thanks,
Namrata