[keystone][swift] audit logs

Sharath Ck sharath.madhava at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:29:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am currently trying to add keystone audit middleware in Swift. Middleware
is managed in swift proxy server, hence I have added the audit filter in
proxy server conf and have mentioned audit_middleware_notifications driver
as log in swift.conf .
I can see REST API call flow reaching audit middleware and constructing the
audit event with minimal data as Swift is not loading service catalog
information. But the audit event is not getting notified as per
audit_middleware_notifications. I tried adding oslo_messaging_notifications
with the driver as log, but audit events are not getting notified.

Below are the changes in swift_proxy_server container,

proxy-server.conf

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = catch_errors gatekeeper healthcheck cache container_sync bulk
tempurl ratelimit formpost authtoken keystoneauth audit container_quotas
account_quotas slo dlo keymaster encryption proxy-server

[filter:audit]
paste.filter_factory = keystonemiddleware.audit:filter_factory
audit_map_file = /etc/swift/api_audit_map.conf

swift.conf

[oslo_messaging_notifications]
driver = log

[audit_middleware_notifications]
driver = log

Kindly confirm whether the configuration changes are enough or need more
changes.

Regards,
Sharath