[OpenInfra Foundation] [all][tc] Change OpenStack release naming policy proposal

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon May 2 15:49:09 UTC 2022

On 4/29/22 19:35, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> [...] from tehnical perspective especially
> while upgrade they are hard to know which year these releses were released.

Excuse my words (I'm being direct, hopefully not offensive), but I'm
calling "bullshit" on this one! :) Just read this page and you know:

https://releases.openstack.org/

> And when we will have tick-tock release
> model[1] number are more useful to know by operators what which one is tick release and which one is tock. With name
> only it is not best way to find.

Except that the above page could be modified to tell tick or tock...

Also, hopefully, at some point we will forget about the "tock" release
and decide it's ok to upgrade from 4 releases ago (how can you tell
we're not going to do that one day?).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)