[murano][oslo][release][tc] Emergency bypass reviewer/PTL/liaison approval for Yoga release fixes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 29 02:58:39 UTC 2022

On 2022-03-28 18:28:45 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> A number of teams seem not to have noticed that their tests (and
> possibly the services themselves) were broken by the removal[*] of
> the "tenant" argument from RequestContext objects in oslo.context
> 4.0.0 released on February 3, 2022.
>
> As we're at a little over a day left before we need to finalize the
> Yoga release, I'm seeking permission from the TC on behalf of the
> OpenStack Release Managers to bypass normal core reviewer, PTL and
> release liaison approval processes in order to approve any remaining
> changes for official OpenStack projects necessary for this
> transition, and to produce new release candidates with those fixes
> included as necessary.
>
> [*] https://review.opendev.org/815938

Apparently there were not yet fixes proposed for all projects. I
tried to put one together for Murano, but am a bit out of my depth.
My naive attempt to find places where tenant_id gets passed into the
context manager still misses something, or is having a ripple effect
in other parts of the code. It's getting rather late in my part of
the World, so if someone else (perhaps someone with more context,
pun intended) has ideas on how to get it working, please feel free
to push up new revisions of this change:

    https://review.opendev.org/835488

Any help is most appreciated. If we can get it working in master,
then merging that and backporting to stable/yoga will be the next
step for Murano.
--
Jeremy Stanley