[kolla] [rabbitmq] Another RMQ config question

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:56:55 UTC 2022

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 at 19:59, Albert Braden <ozzzo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We’re running kolla-ansible Train and implementing durable queues. I was able to make it work by adding these lines to etc/kolla/config/global.conf:
>
> [oslo_messaging_rabbit]
> amqp_durable_queues = True
>
> But we want to do it one cluster at a time, so I tried commenting that out and adding line: amqp_durable_queues: "True"
> to group_vars/<region>/vars.yml but that seems to have no effect. Where can I put this value to enable durable queues per-cluster?

1) Region does not automatically become a group - you need to have an
aptly named group - I believe you know that but I'm just stating this
for completeness. :-)
2) The approach you are taking is correct but you need some level of
indirection. Keep the line you added to global.conf where it is,
replace "True" with something like "{{ my_amqp_durable_queues }}"
(without quotes of course) and then set the my_amqp_durable_queues
variable like you wanted to.

-yoctozepto