[docs] toctree directive + hidden

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Thu Mar 24 16:06:35 UTC 2022

Greetings to any doc peeps,

I've been struggling with my project's documentation table of contents for
a while. What I want to do is NOT publish a TOC on the page where it is
defined (via the 'toctree' directive) but I DO want the sidebar/navigation
(left menu) to be populaed. According to the upstream documentation [0] the
way forward is via the toctree 'hidden' option. However, by doing so I also
lose the sidebar aspect - I filed a bug against the openstackdocstheme
theme [2]. Help?

p.s. I found an old workaround on Stack Overflow [1].

Thanks,
Peter

[0]:
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/directives.html