[TripleO] Offline Installation Support

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:15:56 UTC 2022

Hi Harald,

Thanks for sharing the steps and apologies for the late reply.

I tried setting up Local Repo Server and Registry Server on one machine.
Using that I successfully deployed Openstack Ussuri Undercloud and
Overcloud in an offline mode.

Now, in order to test Upgrade from USSURI to VICTORIA, I updated the repo
file and podman registry at my local server for Victoria.
On Undercloud , repo file content is as follows:

[tripleo]
baseurl = http://30.30.30.8/software/repos/tripleo_victoria
enabled = 1
gpgcheck = 0
module_hotfixes=1
name = tripleo

where 30.30.30.8 is the IP of my reposerver.

With this I have successfully updated the required packages using the
command:
*sudo yum update python*-tripleoclient openstack-tripleo-common
openstack-tripleo-heat-templates*

Also the container image prepare file, now has the following content
parameter_defaults:
  ContainerImagePrepare:
  - push_destination: true
    set:
      name_prefix: openstack-
      name_suffix: ''
      namespace: myserver.com:5000/tripleovictoria
      neutron_driver: ovn
      rhel_containers: false
      tag: current-tripleo
    tag_from_label: rdo_version

But once I run the command "*openstack undercloud upgrade*", I get the
following error
2022-03-23 09:53:24,527 p=380392 u=root n=ansible | 2022-03-23
09:53:24.527073 | 5254007b-2040-558f-a68f-0000000000ac |      FATAL |
Ensure DNF modules have the right stream | undercloud | item={'module':
'container-tools', 'stream': '3.0'} | error={
    "ansible_loop_var": "item",
    "changed": false,
    "invocation": {
        "module_args": {
            "allow_downgrade": false,
            "autoremove": false,
            "bugfix": false,
            "conf_file": null,
            "disable_excludes": null,
            "disable_gpg_check": false,
            "disable_plugin": [],
            "disablerepo": [],
            "download_dir": null,
            "download_only": false,
            "enable_plugin": [],
            "enablerepo": [],
            "exclude": [],
            "install_repoquery": true,
            "install_weak_deps": true,
            "installroot": "/",
            "list": null,
            "lock_timeout": 30,
            "name": [
                "@container-tools:3.0/common"
            ],
            "releasever": null,
            "security": false,
            "skip_broken": false,
            "state": "present",
            "update_cache": false,
            "update_only": false,
            "validate_certs": true
        }
    },
    "item": {
        "module": "container-tools",
        "stream": "3.0"
    },
    "msg": "*No group container-tools:3.0/common available*.",
    "results": []
}

Can you please help in resolving this issue.

Regards
Anirudh Gupta