[kolla] Using variable in ceph confs

Imran Hussain ih at imranh.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 13:14:26 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I'm storing my kolla conf in git and I want to avoid committing secrets.

As per the subject I'm using an external ceph.

I've created a patchset for this to be possible
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/kolla-ansible/+/824566

Jens replied to it pretty fast but beyond saying 'I don't understand why
you would want to do this' (paraphrased) gave no feedback.

I recently got some feedback from Michal after asking on IRC about it
which was very helpful.

But this doesn't seem to be going anywhere, any advice on next steps?

Even if the feedback is 'no we don't want this' anything would be nice.

Thanks,
Imran