[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary Mar 4th, 21: Reading: 10 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Mar 7 19:47:13 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities. Sorry, I missed to click send button on Friday and it stuck in my draft.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* We had this week's meeting on Mar 3rd. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed
or in-progress activities section).
This was a video call and recording are available @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAVSHvguxWU
Meeting summary logs are available @https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-03-03-15.04.log.html

* As we have new TC members, we checked on the weekly meeting time as per new members availability and decided
to keep the same time (considering the daylight saving change in coming weeks)

* Next week's meeting is on Mar 10th Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free to add the topic on
the agenda[1] by Mar 9th.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
TC resolution on release cadence adjustment [2]
TC has merged the resolution on release cadence which is discussed in this[3] ML thread.
Dan is planning to update the required documentation and also the communication. We will
talk about the details and next things to do (testing, document updates etc) in PTG also. But
you can read the resolution to know the details.

Defined Zed cycle testing runtime[4]
Testing runtime for Zed cycle is defined. Zuul job template is also merged[5]. Below are the changes
for quick ref:
Dropped:
- CentOS Stream 8
- Python 3.6
Updated:
- Testing py3.8 and py3.9 as voting. (we will add py3.10 as non-voting[6])
- nodejs14 -> nodejs16

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[7].
2 out of 9 items are completed and many are in progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Eight open reviews for ongoing activities[8].

OpenStack news in OIF newsletter
This is newsletter week and I have added a few items for the OpenStack Community news[9]. Please note,
this is not limited to TC only instead if you would like to communicate some news from your project, feel
fee to add in etherpad.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
Out of 17, we have leaders for 15 projects. I have started the PTL appointments for
those 15 projects[10]. We are left with two projects Adjutant and Trove to identify the
leaders[11], if you would like to maintain either of them, please reply here or ping is on
#openstack-tc. Slawek will also start the separate email to call for these projects leaders.

PTG Preparation
--------------------
I have started the etherpad for TC PTG[12] preparation as well as doodle poll to select the
slots[13].
Also, selected the TC+Community Leaders sessions for Monday 14-16UTC[14].

Release identification and release name
The proposal is under review and updates [15].

Dropping tags framework
------------------------------
part1 of this is merged[16], part-2 of updating release script and other tags
migration is under-progress.

TC position on release cadence
-------------------------------------
TC resolution is merged and Dan will work on the next steps of documentation update
and communication part.

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[17].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retire js-openstack-lib (waiting on Adjutant to have new PTL/maintainer) [18]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[19].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [20]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20220210-release-cadence-adjustment.html
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-November/025684.html
[4] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/zed.html