[nova][neutron] os-vif params

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 17:57:40 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-03-04 at 18:33 +0100, Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez wrote:
> Hi Arnaud:
>
> Those parameters should be set in nova.conf, in the "os_vif_XXX" section
> [1].
>
> "network_device_mtu" is deprecated. The interface MTU is retrieved from the
> network MTU. "ovs_vsctl_timeout" is deprecated too, we don't use vsctl
> commands anymore.
actully we do use vsctl at least in ci but it is deprecated.
we are currently using it in ci to workaround a bug in the ovs python bindings.

after the RC period is clear i might revert that since i think the ovs python bidnign are
fixed but im not sure they are fixed in ubuntu 20.04 so i dont want to regress the ci stablity
currently by reverting to the native bindings.

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/796826

ill update https://github.com/openstack/devstack/blob/master/lib/os-vif#L6 to native
once we are sure https://bugs.launchpad.net/os-vif/+bug/1929446 is fixed in the ovs python bindings.