[blazar][release][requirements] blazar-nova and nova requirements

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Fri Mar 4 16:36:33 UTC 2022

Hello release team,

blazar-nova is a package including a nova scheduler filter, which must be
installed together with nova to be used.

The blazar-nova deliverable for Yoga was tagged with 2.4.0 at the time of
the final release for non-client libraries. A few days ago, stable/yoga
patches were automatically proposed. This is when I discovered that the
lower-constraints job was broken because nova bumped some requirements /
lower-constraints after we released [1] [2]. Because blazar-nova and nova
are installed together, we keep our requirements in sync for testing
purposes.

Now, I believe it is just the lower-constraints testing that is broken,
since nova requirements are still compatible with what blazar-nova
requires: nova just requires more recent versions of some packages. I can
run "pip install blazar-nova git+
https://opendev.org/openstack/nova.git@master#egg=nova" fine.

I fixed the issue on the blazar-nova master branch [3] and proposed a
backport to stable/yoga [4], but realised this was probably breaking
release policy.
Should we leave stable/yoga as released and just drop the lower-constraints
job?

As an aside, would it be possible to requalify blazar-nova as a
cycle-with-rc deliverable for the next release? It is typed as a library
but nothing depends on it: if anything, it depends on nova itself.

Thanks,
Pierre Riteau (priteau)

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/712139
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/821606