Openstack HPC storage suggestion

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:47:08 UTC 2022

Folks,

I built a 30 node HPC environment on openstack using mellanox infiniband
nic for high speed MPI messaging. So far everything works. Now I am looking
for a HPC PFS (parallel file system)  similar to Luster which I can mount
on all HPC vms to run MPI jobs.

I was reading on google and saw some CERN videos and they are using Ceph
(cephfs) for PFS. Also i was reading CephFS + Manila is a good choice for
HPC on openstack design.

Does anyone have any experience with HPC storage for Openstack? Please
advice or share your experience :)  Thanks in advance.

~S