[Openstack--Ansible] Playbook for Host Prep

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:20:12 UTC 2022

Hi Dave,

No, unfortunately we don't have anything like that. Basically the reason is
that OSA is super flexible and there's really a lot of ways on how to
configure networking, depending on workload.

Not saying that some ppl would leverage bare metal provisioning systems,
like Maas or Ironic, which would configure networking their own way.

However we have a role that is super helpful if you want to configure
networking with systemd-networkd. We use that role in CI and have some
example on it's usage here:
https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible/src/branch/master/tests/roles/bootstrap-host/tasks/prepare_networking.yml#L48

So depending on your workload you just need to have a sample playbook and
vars defined for hosts