[tc][policy][ptl][operator] OpenSatck RBAC goal is to focus on project personas first (postpone the 'scope' implementation)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jun 29 20:47:16 UTC 2022

 ---- On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 13:25:11 -0500  Dmitriy Rabotyagov <noonedeadpunk at gmail.com> wrote ---
 > FWIW, there was also discussion during the summit [1], where the idea was to create accounts that would be limited to pretty specific actions for services, when interacting with others.For example, nova can create port in neutron, but not manage security group rules. Which is definitely next step to what is being discussed here.
 > Unfortunately I lost etherpad for the forum, but main suggestion there was to join biweekly meetings or just reach Ghanshyam for further discussion, as basically this topic is more suitable for PTG rather then Summit. Not sure if anyone did reach out though.

I think you mean the 'service' role? and this etherpad https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/deprivilization-of-service-accounts ?

We have that planned for phase 2
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/847418/5/goals/selected/consistent-and-secure-rbac.rst#503

And I have an action item to continue on Lance spec and update it once we finalized the goal documentation.

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/keystone-specs/+/818616/2

But yes, please join policy popup biweekly call and discuss it
- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Consistent_and_Secure_Default_Policies_Popup_Team#Meeting

-gmann