[kolla] [nova] Duplicated compute service IDs in Openstack client

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Tue Jun 28 08:03:46 UTC 2022

Hello Albert,

You are seeing conflicting IDs because these services belong to different
Nova cells and are in different databases: your scheduler services are in
cell0 while your compute hosts are probably in a default cell.
This is why, starting from Nova API 2.53 [1], compute services are
identified by UUID instead of database IDs.

This is not really a bug with the OpenStack client, but a known issue that
it uses the 2.1 API by default, with all its limitations. You can specify a
newer API version like this:

openstack --os-compute-api-version 2.53 compute service list

openstack --os-compute-api-version 2.53 compute service delete <uuid>

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/reference/api-microversion-history.html#maximum-in-pike