cinder-volume showing down

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 07:19:11 UTC 2022

Hi Midhunlal,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 11:54 AM Midhunlal Nb <midhunlaln66 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi team,
> I am using the openstack rocky version and everything was working fine,but
> today i am getting some errors while creating new instances and instances
> not creating.I checked services and it is showing down
>
> --------+
> | Binary           | Host         | Zone | Status  | State | Updated At
> +------------------+--------------+------+---------+-------+--------------------
>             --------+
> | cinder-scheduler | controller   | nova | enabled | up    |
> 2022-06-28T05:18:38  .000000 |
> | cinder-volume    | storage1 at lvm | nova | enabled | down  |
> 2022-06-28T05:02:20 .000000 |
>
> ---> The cinder log showing below error
> 2022-06-28 10:37:51.149 1629 ERROR cinder.service [-] Manager for service
> cinder-volume storage1 at lvm is reporting problems, not sending heartbeat.
> Service will appear "down".
> Please help

The cinder-volume service could be down for a variety of reasons depending
on the backend. This error is generic for every backend and doesn't tell us
anything about why the backend is down.
Since it is lvm, I would suggest you to check if proper physical volumes
(pvdisplay) and volume groups (vgs) are created.