[ironic] Thoughts on closing some branches

Iury Gregory iurygregory at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:08:33 UTC 2022

Hello Ironicers o/

I would like to gather some feedback before moving forward with the oficial
request to close some branches.

1) Closing some bugfix branches
I would like to check if we are ok with closing all other bugfix branches
except for:
*ironic:* bugfix/20.2 | bugfix/19.0 | bugfix/18.1
*ironic-python-agent:* bugfix/8.6 | bugfix/8.3 | bugfix/8.1
*ironic-inspector:* bugfix/10.12 | bugfix/10.9 | bugfix/10.7
These are the branches I know people use, but it's good to double check
before removing all other bugfix/*.

The reason to close is because it became a bit more complicated to maintain
CI working properly in those branches, so if we don't have people using and
looking at backports and making CI work I think we can close them.

2) Closing all stable branches pre-train.

Thanks!

--
*Att[]'s*

*Iury Gregory Melo Ferreira *
*MSc in Computer Science at UFCG*
*Ironic PTL *
*Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Brazil*
*Social*: https://www.linkedin.com/in/iurygregory
*E-mail:  iurygregory at gmail.com <iurygregory at gmail.com>*