[magnum] [xena] [IPv6] Review Patch for dual-stack IPv4/6 work in Magnum-managed Kubernetes 1.21

Namrata Sitlani nsitlani03 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 05:19:20 UTC 2022

Hello All,

We run release Xena, and we have deployed Kubernetes version 1.21.10 on
Magnum with Fedora CoreOS version 34 and we are trying to have IPv6 support
for that Kubernetes cluster, as Kubernetes 1.21 and later versions have
dual-stack(IPv4/IPv6) support is enabled by default.

To achieve that, we also need IPv6 support in magnum, which is not
currently supported but there has been a patch for "Support IPv6 dual
subnet" in a pending state for almost a year.
Following is the patch link:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/magnum/+/802235

We are interested in the use case for dual-stack support in magnum. We
would highly appreciate it if someone could help us land that patch.

Kindly let us know if we can provide any additional information or help for
the same.

Thanks,
Namrata Sitlani